Pork Chop Skillet Meal
From Sheldon, Iowa, Linda Anderson jots, "My delicious meal-in-one is so colorful, with corn and tomatoes topping off the pork chops. The rice cooks right along with everything else."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; drain. Remove chops. Combine
- water, rice, onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the skillet. Place pork
- chops over rice mixture; top with corn and tomatoes. Sprinkle with
- pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pork and rice are tender. Let
- stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.