Pork Chop Potato Bake
Folks who sample my cooking tease me and say I should open a restaurant. But I'm more than happy just cooking comforting meals like this for family and friends.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 6 pork chops (5 ounces each), trimmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) slice mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on each
- side. Place chops in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine
- the next six ingredients; mix well. Pour over pork. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 1 hour. Add potatoes, peas and pimientos. Cover and
- bake 15 minutes longer or until pork is tender and vegetables are
- heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with low-fat soup and low-sodium broth) equals 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 232 calories, 787 mg sodium, 63 mg cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 25 gm protein, 6 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot