Pork Chop Dinner
"Family and friends call me the "Crock-Pot Queen," reveals Janet Phillips of Meadville, Pennsylvania. "Of my many slow-cooked specialties, this is my husband's favorite."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Place
- chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and
- mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar,
- Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt. Pour over meat and
- vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is
- tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.