Pork Chop Dinner for Two
I'VE PREPARED this dish for a tableful of people, but it's easy to fix for just two. All the ingredients can be adjusted to satisfy the appetites to be served. If you like different vegetables, simple cook them right along with the other ingredients. My side dishes for this meal are bread and a toasted salad. Shirley Lazor
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in a greased 8-in.
- square baking pan. Layer with potatoes, onion and carrot over chops.
- Dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until pork chops are
- tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 472 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.