Pork Chop Bake
“I first tried Pork Chops and Apples, then I added cranberry and onion, and it was so good,” writes Shelvy Ritter of Portage, Wisconsin. “I like to eat this with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.”
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Meanwhile,
- in a small bowl, combine the apples, cranberry sauce and onion.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture. Top
- with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until pork reaches
- 160° and apples are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 1-1/2 cups apple mixture (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 499 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.