Pork Burgers Deluxe
I found this recipe in a book I got for my wedding. The flavor of the burger is fantastic.Peggy Bellar, Howard, Kansas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- Combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into 10 patties. Top each with a pineapple slice; wrap
- with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick.
- Broil or grill over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove toothpicks. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 496 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,062 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as