- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining
- wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Place
- 2 heaping teaspoons of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom
- corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll
- toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to
- seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- spring rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour
- Yield: about 5 dozen.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer