4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in
- oil on both sides; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and oregano for 6-8
- minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in broth and red
- peppers; bring to a boil.
- Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- or until potatoes are tender and a meat thermometer reads 160°,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.