- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, brown sugar, vinegar,
- sherry, sesame oil, white pepper and remaining soy sauce until
- smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 1 teaspoon canola oil for
- 4-8 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and
- keep warm.
- Stir-fry the onion, carrots and ginger in remaining oil for 3-4
- minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the pineapple, red
- pepper and green onions; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat
- through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup (calculated without rice) equals 227 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.