Pork 'n' Pea Stir-Fry
You don't need a wok to make this simple stir-fry from Verona Koehlmoos of Pilger, Nebraska. A fast-to-fix sauce coats strips of pork, pretty green onions and crisp-tender snow peas.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat oil at 70% power for 1-1/2
- minutes. Add the pork, soy sauce and garlic powder; toss to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink.
- Stir in peas and onions. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 2-1/4
- minutes. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually stir
- into pork mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes;
- stir. Cover and microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until thickened,
- stirring every minute. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce and reduced-sodium broth; calculated without rice) equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 723 mg sodium,