Pork 'n' Bean Salad
THIS RECIPE from my aunt was an immediate hit. I had pork and beans and mayonnaise in the pantry and all the vegetables in my garden. It's wonderful for a picnic or barbecue because it travels well in a cooler and is so colorful.
-LaVerne Stetler, Escalon, California
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2
- hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 139 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.