- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 9 ounces uncooked spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Place half of the
- mushrooms in a food processor; cover and process to a fine powder.
- Add to bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18
- Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, bring water and remaining mushrooms to a boil. Remove from
- the heat; let stand for 15-20 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Chop mushrooms; set aside.
- Turn meatballs; drizzle with vinegar. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes
- or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- In the same small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until
- tender. Stir in wine or broth plus juice, vinegar, basil and
- mushrooms with liquid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until reduced to 1-1/3 cups. Add
- tomatoes; heat through. Serve over meatballs and spaghetti. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 meatballs with 1/2 cup sauce and 2/3 cup spaghetti equals 451 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.