- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five spread ingredients. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- In a small bowl, beat lemon peel and cream cheese. Beat in egg
- mixture. Serve with bread. Refrigerate any leftover spread. Yield: 1
- loaf (16 slices) and 1 cup spread.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 214 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.