Poppy Seed Noodles
This side dish is great because it goes with just about any meat main dish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to
- pan. Add the butter, green onion, poppy seeds, garlic salt and
- pepper; stir until butter is melted. Stir in sour cream; serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1 cup serving (prepared with yolk-free noodles and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.