- seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place, seam side down, on two
- greased baking sheets.
- With a sharp knife, make five to six deep diagonal slashes across the
- top of each loaf. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30
- Brush with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool for 20 minutes;
- dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 loaves (8 slices
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.