Poppy Seed Lemonade Muffins
It's hard to beat the delicious combination of flavors baked into these lemony muffins," says Karen Ann Bland of Gove, Kansas. "The lightly glazed gems are so tasty that our family looks forward to them for dessert."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, poppy seeds,
- baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup lemonade
- concentrate, milk, butter and egg until blended. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and lemonade
- concentrate. Pierce muffin tops several items with a fork; drizzle
- with lemonade mixture. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium,