Poppy Seed Dressing
"The best way to dress up fruit all year long is with this tongue-tingling sweet and tangy topping," informs Patricia Staudt of Marble Rock, Iowa.
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, onion salt and mustard. Add vinegar;
- mix well. Gradually add oil while beating on medium speed; beat for
- 5 minutes or until very thick. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and
- refrigerate. Serve over fresh fruit or salad greens. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 183 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.