Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
This attractive, chilled salad captures the lively flavor of the season in a snap. Renee Glowe of Clayton, Wisconsin combines tangy cranberries with pasta and toasted almonds for a standout dish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and
- drain well. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken,
- almonds, onion, cranberries and celery. Stir in the pasta. Drizzle
- with salad dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.