Poppy Seed Chicken
I like this recipe because it is easy to fix. It is one of family favorites and a recipe that I love to share with friends. The poppy seeds seem to give this chicken dish a special look, as well as a distinctive flavor.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute mushrooms until tender. Stir
- in the chicken, soup, sour cream and pimientos.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl,
- combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and topping is
- browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 619 calories, 41 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 848 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.