Poppin' Cereal Bars
A melted marshmallow coating holds together all sorts of goodies in these yummy bars from Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana. The addition of colorful M&M's makes them especially appealing to kids of all ages.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Life cereal
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup M&M's, divided
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, cereal, pretzels and 1/2 cup
- M&M's. In a microwave, melt marshmallows and butter; stir until
- smooth. Fold into cereal mixture.
- Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Sprinkle with remaining
- M&M's; press lightly. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.