Popcorn Candy Cake
This fun cake's made of popcorn. It's sweetened with gumdrops and miniature marshmallows, so kids loves it!Roberta Uhl, Summerville, Oregon
16-18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 package (24 ounces) spiced gumdrops
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, melt the marshmallows, oil and butter; stir
- until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, gumdrops and
- peanuts. Stir in marshmallow mixture; toss to coat. Press into a
- greased 10-in. tube pan. Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours or
- Dip pan in hot water for 5-10 seconds to unmold. Slice cake with an
- electric or serrated knife. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Editor's Note: A two-piece tube pan is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 458 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.