Pomegranate Spinach Salad
Whenever I take this salad to an event, people always ask for the recipe. It's perfect for the holidays.Sheila Saunders, Pleasant Grove, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, almonds and
- pomegranate seeds. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients;
- cover and process until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to
- coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 149 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.