With their explosion of flavors and textures, these kabobs make a quick, satisfying entree. "I've also served them as a fun appetizer," reports Chris Anderson of Morton, Illinois.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (14 ounces) breakfast turkey sausage links, cut in half
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining
- juice or save for another use). Thread the sausages, water
- chestnuts, pineapple and red pepper alternately onto 14 metal or
- soaked wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, nutmeg, pepper and
- reserved pineapple juice.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-7 minutes on each
- side or until the sausages are browned, basting occasionally with
- marinade. Yield: 14 kabobs.
Nutrition Facts: 1 kabob equals 95 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.