Poached Salmon and Dill Sauce
"This salmon recipe is so easy, and people often tell me it's the best-tasting salmon they've ever had," says field editor Kathleen Jones of Newberg, Oregon. "The fish is moist and tender, and the dill sauce is a delightful complement."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- For dill sauce, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, dill, onion, and
- basil in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- Place 2 in. of water, peppercorns and bay leaf in a large skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon. Cook, uncovered, for 4-8
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove with a
- slotted spoon. Discard bay leaf. Serve fish with dill sauce. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 portion of salmon with 2 tablespoons dill sauce equals 230 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.