Poached Salmon Steaks
If you’re looking for a new way to fix salmon, these lemon-pepper steaks are sure to please. Not only do they taste great, but they’ll help in other ways, too. Charlotte Elliott from Neenah, Wisconsin explains, “Using the microwave helps you keep the kitchen cool on hot days.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 5 thin slices lemon
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray,
- combine the first nine ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 4-5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Carefully place salmon in dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 to
- 4-1/2 minutes or until fish almost flakes with a fork. Turn steaks
- over. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Remove salmon from poaching liquid; sprinkle with
- lemon-pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 salmon steak equals 313 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium,