- Core pears from the bottom, leaving stems intact; peel pears. Place
- pears on their sides in a large saucepan. Add the water, sugar,
- orange peel and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pears are almost tender, turning
- Remove pears with a slotted spoon; cool to room temperature. Discard
- cooking liquid. Place pears in cookie cups. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie cup with pear equals 394 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.