- 2/3 cup sugar and milk. Add chocolate mixture. Combine the flour,
- baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to chocolate
- mixture just until combined. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Drain plums, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Arrange plums over
- batter; drizzle with reserved liquid. Combine the cinnamon,
- remaining sugar and hazelnuts; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Serve warm
- or cold. Garnish with whipped cream and confectioners' sugar if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without whipped cream or confectioners' sugar) equals 263 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.