- For chutney, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir
- in the salt, ginger and cardamom. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until onion is tender. Stir in the water, raisins, orange juice,
- sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 10 minutes. Stir in plums; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or
- until plums are tender. Add peaches; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Place tenderloins on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil
- for 9 minutes. Turn; broil 9 minutes longer or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with chutney. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup chutney equals 323 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.