- Pour remaining batter into a greased and floured 9-in. round baking
- pan. Bake both cakes at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the shortening, butter and
- confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in 3 tablespoons milk,
- extracts and salt until smooth. Set aside 1 cup.
- To remaining frosting, beat in cocoa and remaining milk. Cut a 3-in.
- x 1-in. oval for the thumb opening from an edge of the 9-in. cake.
- Place cake on a 11-in. covered board. Frost with chocolate frosting.
- With four pieces of licorice, form two crosses over thumb opening for
- laces in mitt. Frost the rounded cake with white frosting. Use
- licorice pieces to form laces of ball. Place on mitt cake opposite
- the thumb opening. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 678 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 95 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.