Pizza Sloppy Joes
If you’re tired of same old, boring sloppy joes, here’s a tasty twist! These messy, kid-friendly sandwiches have a definite pizza flavor that families will love, but be sure to serve them with a fork!
Connie Pettit - Logan, OH
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir
- in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and herbs. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture onto each bun; sprinkle with cheese. Place
- on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until
- cheese is melted. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 329 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.