“I dreamed up this dish one day when I was trying to use up a package of frozen ravioli,” relates Judy Melotte of DePere, Wisconsin. She jazzed up the pasta with the flavor of pizza, and now it’s a favorite.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 16 frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Divide ravioli between two microwave-safe bowls; dot with butter. Top
- with peppers, onion, pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter and turkey pepperoni) equals 412 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.