Pizza Potato Toppers
Not only is this recipe quick and easy to make, but it's an economical treat as well. I don't know of a more satisfying way to stretch a half pound of meat! —Sheila Friedrich, Antelope, Montana
4 ServingsPrep/Total: 25 min.
- Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper with onion
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato and pizza sauce;
- heat through.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise; flake potato center with a fork.
- Spoon meat mixture into each; top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle
- with oregano, basil or parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.