These individual stuffed pizzas taste delectable with or without the sauce on the side. If you can't make up your mind, prepare half of the calzones with ham and the other half with pepperoni.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces diced fully cooked ham or sliced pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- Warmed spaghetti or pizza sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, ham and garlic powder. Divide
- each loaf into eight pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 5-in. circle. Place
- filling in the center of each circle. Bring dough over filling;
- pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for
- 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with sauce if
- desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.