Pizza Pasta Casserole
Pepperoni provides the zip in this pizza-flavored casserole that kids of all ages will enjoy. "Serve it with a tossed salad and garlic toast, and you'll have a winner every time," assures Nancy Scarlett of Graham, North Carolina.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top. Cover and freeze one
- casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2
- casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.