Pizza Mac Casserole
In Marion, Indiana, Trish Quinn serves her family this tasty variation on a basic ground beef and noodle casserole. "This satisfying main dish is simple to make because it uses convenient pizza sauce," she relies. At 83¢ a helping, it's economical, too.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the macaroni, onion, green pepper and pizza sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes
- longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 308 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.