Pizza Corn Dog Snacks
In Camas, Washington, Linda Knopp dresses up frozen corn dogs to create these tasty bite-size treats. Just slice 'em and spread 'em with pizza sauce and other toppings for a fun snack for kids or an easy appetizer for adults.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn dogs, thawed
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove stick from each corn dog; cut into 1-in. slices. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with olives,
- mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and
- corn dogs are heated through. Yield: 30 snacks.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 168 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.