The home economists in our Test Kitchen came up with this tasty switch from the usual burger. Italian-seasoned ground beef patties are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, then topped with pizza sauce and green pepper rings for a flavorful twist.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bouillon, Italian seasoning and
- salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into four thin
- patties. Place a slice of cheese on two patties; top with another
- patty and press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or
- until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with pizza sauce and
- green pepper rings. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 461 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.