Pistachio Mallow Salad
This fluffy salad is a real treat since it's creamy but not overly sweet. It's easy to mix up, and the flavor gets better the longer it stands. It's perfect for St. Patrick's Day, served in a green bowl.
-Pattie Ann Forssberg, Logan, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 to 7 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix and food
- coloring if desired. Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle
- with nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.