Pistachio Herb Salad
If you're searching for healthier alternatives for lunch or a new side dish with dinner, try this tart, tasty salad from our Test Kitchen. It goes together in minutes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup cubed California Avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- In a small bowl, combine the romaine, avocado, tomato and onion. In a
- jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar and
- seasonings; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 300 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.