Pistachio Fruit Salad
"My husband, a diabetic, always smiles when he finds this fun and fluffy salad on the menu," shares Gail Bartlett from Hallowell, Maine. She pairs pistachio pudding with pineapple, oranges and other fruits for a tasty guilt-free treat.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsweetened fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a bowl, whisk together reserved
- juice and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in
- the pineapple, fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges. Fold in whipped
- topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 122 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.