Pistachio-Crusted Fish Fillets
What a fresh, fun, absolutely delicious way to fix orange roughy in a hurry! Our taste panel relished the nutty crunch of the pistachio and parsley crust. A great way to bring more fish—and omega 3s—to the family table.
Marie Stupin - Roanoke, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place egg white in a shallow bowl. Combine the pistachios, bread
- crumbs, parsley, pepper and salt in another shallow bowl. Dip
- fillets in egg white, then pistachio mixture.
- Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with
- butter. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 295 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.