Pistachio Cream Pie
Once, I was making a pudding and coconut pie for my mother's uncle and decided to toss in some pineapple and cream cheese. Though everyone else really liked it, he didn't, and called it 'Yucka Pie'. My husband and kids love it, though. and I'm happy because they're getting even a little more fruit without realizing it!Lucille M. Gendron, Pelham, New Hampshire
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Toasted coconut
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix until
- smooth. Fold in pineapple. Spoon into crust.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 338 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.