Pistachio Chip Cookies
Of all the cookies I prepare at Christmas, these are the most popular. My husband and sons gobble them up so fast, I make at least three batches!Lynne Ogg, Cedar, Minnesota
74 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, pudding mix
- and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets; flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 80 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,