Pinwheel Pizza Snacks
They look beautiful and taste fantastic—talk about a winning combination! These pretty pizza snacks are easy appetizers, but you could also serve them with a salad for a special lunch. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and
- perforations. Spread pizza sauce to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a
- short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place pinwheels, cut side down, on a greased baking sheet. Top each
- with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375° for 11-13
- minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with
- basil. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.