Pineapple Sunrise Smoothies
"This great-tasting beverage is an easy way to get kids to eat their fruit," notes Diana Mueller of Las Vegas, Nevada.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ice cubes
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and 1 cup pineapple (refrigerate
- remaining pineapple for another use). In a blender, combine the
- pineapple juice, pineapple, banana, raspberries, sugar and ice;
- cover and process until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled
- glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 205 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 1 g protein.