Pineapple Shrimp Rice Bake
The first time I made this casserole, my son begged me to make it again soon. That was more than 20 years ago, and it's still a favorite among family and friends. When I serve it at a luncheon, I add a fruit salad and warm breadsticks.Vi Manning, Spring Hill, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, onion and green
- pepper in oil until tender. Stir in soy sauce and ginger. Add
- shrimp, ham and pineapple. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Stir before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 273 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 774 mg sodium,