Pineapple Sauce For Cake
Dress up slices of purchased angel food or pound cake with this light and fruity sauce. "Replace the orange marmalade with apricot preserves if you like," writes Donna Howard from her kitchen in Stoughton, Wisconsin.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 angel food or pound cake, sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, pineapple and
- marmalade until blended; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Serve with the cake. Yield:
- 2-1/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without cake) equals 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.