This mouthwatering salsa shared by Suzi LaPar of Wahiawa, Hawaii features fresh pineapple and a handful of seasonings. Serve it with tortilla chips or atop grilled chicken or fish for a jazzed-up meal.Suzi LaPar, Wahiawa, Hawaii
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 29 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.