Pineapple-Onion Pork Chops
"I prepared these tender pork chops for my teenage grandson's birthday meal," writes Marjorie Bruner of Parchment, Michigan. Brown sugar and pineapple juice provide the onion-topped entree with its sweetness.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add pork chops and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown the
- chops on both sides in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Add water to dish. Place onion over chops. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar
- and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10
- minutes. Pour over pork. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until
- meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium,