Pineapple Mustard Ham
Sweet and spicy ingredients combine in a fruity glaze to top this delightful ham, which was one of my mom's specialties. Our family enjoyed it many times for Easter. The horseradish and dry mustard in the glaze add delicious zip to the tender ham slices.
-Lorrie Bailey, Pulaski, Iowa
16-20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in spiral-sliced ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pineapple ice cream topping
- 1 container (1-3/4 ounces) ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at
- 325° for 1-3/4 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour over the ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a
- meat thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 351 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,243 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer